Have you heard of Marine Phytoplankton before? You probably hearing this for the first time. Phytoplankton is more than just a microscopic organism that live in watery environments (both salty and fresh) but they do have benefits that can transform animal and human life.
In this article, you will discover 11 Marine Phytoplankton Benefits, ranging from immune boosting to cancer fighting properties.
Before I share the amazing marine phytoplankton benefits, allow me to say a few words about amazing microscopic plant.
Marine phytoplankton are composed of various single cell organisms that grow in certain communities found in the oceans. They generate living energy via photosynthesis, the process of converting sunlight and carbon dioxide into vital nutrients and energy. Marine Phytoplankton basically plays a huge role in the basis of the food chain in the ocean and supports its ecosystem.
More and more studies have found Marine Phytoplankton to be a good food source for humans and aquatic sea life. It contains vital nutrients such as Omega 3, caretonoids, vitamin E, antioxidants and various amino acids. It also contains protein, phytosterols, iron and other minerals.
Here are 11 Marine Phytoplankton Benefits:
(1) Cellular Energy – Phytoplankton provides to your body a powerful clear burst of energy which is pretty much unparalleled for just a green pigment. For people who have chronic fatigue syndrome, sleep-deprived parents, or people who are working on double shifts, a dose of phytoplankton can considerably bring their cellular energy back.
Because of its tiny cell size (5-7 times smaller than a red blood cell) the phytoplankton is absorbed directly through the mucous membranes that helps in energy production.
(2) Potent Anti-Inflammatory – Inflammation, the body’s signal of imbalance, plays a significant role in conditions such as arthritis, Crohn’s, cancer, Parkinson’s, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and dementia and many more. Phytoplankton is a rich source of anti-inflammatory chlorophyll, furthering its efficacy in conditions such as fibromyalgia and arthritis.
Marine Phytoplankton also has high natural content of Omega 3 fatty acids, of which it is the richest vegetarian source of the long chain form.
(3) Phytoplankton Benefits Mood – For people suffering depression, Phytoplankton is a good natural remedy. A study by the University of Utah found that phytoplankton users exhibited a significant boost on the Short Form-36 emotional subscale questionnaire.
The marine algae also enhance cognitive function of certain participants by improving their focus and mental clarity.
(4) Strong Immune System – Phytoplankton can contribute to your health by boosting the immune system the fact it contains a wealth of powerful antioxidants, as well as caretonoids, amino acids, vitamins and bioflavenoids, some strains of phytoplankton also contain SOD.
Superoxide dismutase helps the body scavenge harmful oxygen molecules as well as playing a critical role in immune system regulation.
(5) Healthy and Radiant Skin – Marine Phytoplankton has benefits to the skin due to a combination of its anti-inflammatory, alkalising properties, combined with high EFA content. The bioflavonoids purify and strengthen the skin and protects it from the detrimental effects of stress.
For those suffering with chronic skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis, marine phytoplankton supplement can be considerably helpful.
(6) Healthy Joints – Because of phytoplankton’s Omega 3 Fatty Acid content, it also supports joint health. In addition, it contains Pantothenic Acid (B5), which may useful for both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The amino acid proline provides essential benefits to connective tissues of the body by promoting the formation of collagen.
People who have arthritis may benefit from increase muscle mobility and reduced inflammation.
(7) Healthy Cardiovascular Functions – Marine Phytoplankton contains nutrients such as niacin and gamma linolenic acid which have been found to lower bad cholesterol. Lower cholesterols reduce stroke and heart attack risk, and promote a regular heartbeat.
niacin and gamma linolenic acid also lessen the growth of atherosclerotic plaque and have a moderate effect on blood pressure.
(8) Cancer Prevention – Due to the array of nutrients Marine Phytoplankton contains, some researchers attribute anti-cancer activity specifically to some of the carotenoids available in it. Using supplements like marine phytoplankton powder says increasing dietary might decrease cancer risk.
It is believed the algae prevents cancer by helping the body to absorb carcinogens and other unhealthful pollutants which may contribute to the development of cancer cells.
(9) Detoxifying – Phytoplankton does bind with metal minerals, which is why it is discussed as a good source of many of the minerals our bodies use. In contains only metal minerals that are beneficial to our bodies hence get rids of unhealthy compounds and sweeps waste from our bodies.
Improving the liver cleansing system is one of the most loved marine phytoplankton benefits. The cleansing process is anti-aging and helps to lose weight.
(10) Healthy Liver – Phytoplankton can be absorbed on a cellular level, so the body doesn’t have to rely on the digestive system or liver for processing. This not only supports the body to obtain necessary nutrients when liver function is impaired, but also help restore liver health without impairing the body’s detoxification pathways: lungs, skin, kidneys, colon, and liver.
The roles of the livers in the body are vital. The kidneys regulate the blood volume and maintain normal level of mineral content in the bloodstream. The liver, in the other hand, converts these nutrients into energy, stores carbohydrates, and forms proteins.
(11) High Regulation – If you see phytoplankton in the ingredients list on your functional foods, it should be safe since foods are more regulated. If you’re considering supplemental phytoplankton, consider a brand that offer high quality marine phytoplankton powder like Delvix Garden.
Marine Phytoplankton Smoothie Recipe
1 Hass avocado, 1 organic banana
1 organic kiwi
3 Medjool dates (optional)
8 oz coconut water or almond milk
1 teaspoon phytoplankton powder
This is the simplest recipe ever. Just put all the ingredients into your blender and give it a buzz until well smooth. Enjoy it anytime you want, morning or evening.
Thank you for reading to the end. If you have questions or additional information about Marine Phytoplankton benefits, please share them with us by commenting below.