Sleeping is essential to our life; no one can survive without sleep. But there some essential facts about sleeping that few people. Discover, 7 Things Essential to Know About Sleep.
1) Men dream of men about 70% of time, while women dream of men and women equally.
2) When dreaming we only see faces that we already know, whether we remember them actively or not.
3) 12% of people dream exclusively in black and white. Therefore, the myth which says that black and white dreams are premonitory is false.
4) 5 minutes after waking, we have already forgotten 50% of our dreams. 10 minutes later, it reaches 90%.
5) The position in which we sleep says a lot about our personality:
a) Fetal position: openness;
b) Laying straight, on the back: socially flourished;
c) Starfish position: attentive and good listener.
6) When dolphins sleeping, only half of their brain is at rest; the other part remains awake to regulate breathing.
7) You can die from lack of sleep before dying from lack of food; it takes 2 weeks to starve and only 10 days to die from total sleep deprivation.