Nutella is now sold in over 70 countries, but people do not know these things about it. Discover the 7 Facts You Don’t Know about Nutella.
1) February 5th is the World Day of Nutella. Less than 10 days after the celebration of the first global day of the brand name, the Italian founder, Michele Ferrero, died (February 14) in Monaco at the age of 89.
2) Nutella is included in Guinness record. On May 29, 2005, the city of Gelsenkirchen in Germany welcomed 27 854 people who participated in the world biggest breakfast based Nutella.
3) Each minute, 24 jars of Nutella are sold worldwide; making it a jar of Nutella is sold every 2.5 seconds in the world.
4) It took fifteen years of trial and failure to finally develop a recipe for Nutella before its introduction on the market in 1964. And now, every day, over 70 million of nuts are used to make Nutella
5) Michele Ferrero, the maker of Nutella, was a very discreet man. According to him, someone should appear in newspapers twice during a life time.
6) In December 2014, the city of Chicago opened the first Nutella bar in the world
7) Nutella is available in 75 countries worldwide. In 1 year, the amount of Nutella sold worldwide could cover the equivalent of more than 1,000 football fields. But the Germans, French, Italians and Americans are the largest consumers in the world