10 Health Benefits of Walking
Walking is preventive and curative. There are many studies showing that physical activity reduces the probability of developing many medical conditions, including heart attack. Sedentary people have almost twice the risk of dying from a heart disease than people who exercise on a regular basis.
What kind of exercise is more convenient than walking?
Walking about 30 minutes a day is the best option to lose weight and remain healthy. It is a therapy that is not only good for the heart but for the entire body. It is against hypertension, diabetes and many other chronic diseases. It is ideal for bone structure, favoring the movement of joints, including the entire of the back and spine. It is essential for all those who want to maintain their weight and take care of their flexibility and agility.
There is no physical condition, cosmetic or health, that does not benefit the habit of walking. It is not only good for the feet and legs but also for the whole body and mind. Micro circulation is improved with a daily exercise and healthy diet.
In Summary, here are 10 benefits of walking you need to know
1. Walking strengthens the heart, thus reducing the chances of cardiovascular diseases. It is shown that women who walk several hours a week have 35% less chance of having cardiovascular disease than other sedentary women of the same age.
2. Walking is good for your brain. Cognitive function is improved with daily walk. In elderly people, it reduces the risk of complications in brain vessels and decreases the chances of dementia and other diseases.
3. Walking is relaxing. It relaxes our brain, eliminates stress, improves mood us, fights depression symptoms, and strengthens mental capability. To use it as anti depressive disorders, it is better to walk early in the morning.
4. Walking prevents type 2 diabetes. Just 150 minutes per week may reduce the risk of diabetes by 58%. Even in people who are already diagnosed with the disease, this simple exercise helps them prevent complications.
5. It improves cardiorespiratory endurance. It increases pulmonary resistance and leads to healthier and stronger respiratory system, which allows to us better able to prevent or fight lung disease and withstand viral and bacterial infection.
6. Waling helps fight many cancers, including breast cancer. Women who walk regularly after being diagnosed with breast cancer have 45 percent more chance to survive than those who are inactive, according to a study released in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. Researchers from Yale University who led the study also found that those who exercised during the year before being diagnosed had a 30 percent better chance of surviving.
7. Walking for more than an hour a day has been found to reduce the risk of developing colon cancer by 20%. This is because the walks help speed the digestion of semi-digested foods which prevents the accumulation of food and feces that can lead to cancerous inflammation. In addition, by improving the circulation of lymphatic fluid and blood in all organs in the body, this exercise allows the immune system to work better.
8. This simple exercise is good for your bones. It increases bone density and strength, making it less likely to break. In addition, it improves balance and flexibility, which can prevent you from falling down and get bone fracture. This is even more important for post menopausal women.
9. Walking prevents obesity and cellulite deposits. A strong and short walk at least 5 times a week does have the same effect as a session of aerobics in maintaining body weight the fact it balances metabolism. Unfortunately, not a lot of people around the world have adopted walking to lose weight; they prefer diet which seldomly works.
10. Walking Improves sex life. Sex and exercise go hand in hand. In a research of women of age group 45-55 years, those who exercised, including brisk walking, reported not only have more sexual desire, but also a better satisfying sex life.
This list is far from being complete, but it includes enough to help you transform your health. Add walking to your daily routines and enjoy a healthy and happy life
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.